Sunday, January 30, 2005

One link leads to another

Sorry for the lack of updates of late. With pre-production and the associated writing for the two NOW PLAYING special edition shows consuming a lot of my time, things have been a little slow here. Rest assured, this week should see quite a bit of posting regarding the best and worst films of 2004.

In all the bustle of this month I've neglected to provide a link to my latest contribution to The Film Journal. Since the good folks at GreenCine Daily have seen fit to provide a nice overview of the Robert Mulligan issue and linked to this modest blog, now's as good a time as any to direct you to it.

My piece is entitled Innocence Lost: Robert Mulligan's The Man in the Moon. How academic. This is the second time I've written about THE MAN IN THE MOON, the first being this DVD review written three or four years ago. (Yes, there's a formatting problem in the DVDMon review that I need to fix. I do know the difference between apostrophes and quotations marks.)

My pick for the best film of 2004 appears in the Life/Arts section of today's Columbus Dispatch. Frank Gabrenya's recap of the Central Ohio Movie Association's annual soirée may not be viewable online to non-subscribers, so, to keep you from dying from suspense, I went with DOGVILLE. (I've just learned of the site BugMeNot.com, which can save you the hassle of registering to read newspapers on the web, but a log-in ID isn't listed for the Dispatch, presumably because it's a pay site.)

Unlike the mythical COMA, the Central Ohio Film Critics Association (COFCA) is an actual group that released the winners of its third annual awards last week. I'd link to the list, but the press release was met with a resounding collective yawn and hasn't been published anywhere. At the very least I'll post the results here this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment