Thursday, May 04, 2006

One festival leads to another

With the 7:00 p.m. screening of BRICK at the Arena Grand and the after-party at Red Star Tavern, the second Deep Focus Film Festival will be underway in Columbus. Like last year I plan to blog the event.

Now, I know what you're thinking. I haven't posted my promised reports from the just-completed Roger Ebert's Overlooked Film Festival or the wrap-up of my experiences at the Cleveland International Film Festival. Is it any consolation if I tell you that those things are mostly written in my head, so it's just a matter of finding the time? They'll make it here eventually.

But enough of my excuses/explanations for why I haven't written. You don't care, and I get tired of writing it.

I've been quoted about the festival in interviews with The Columbus Dispatch and The Lantern. The Dispatch piece will go behind subscriber-only walls in a few days, so I won't bother sending you there. (I also thought that my quotes made me sound like an idiot.) Today's Lantern has this festival preview, although if you want to read the second page, you'll have to do like I did and register on the site. (There's a whole other issue to be explored of newspapers partitioning themselves from readers on the net with free registration or paid subscriptions, but this isn't the time and place for that.)

For what it's worth, here's my coverage of last year's Deep Focus Film Fest:

-Opening Night
-Day 2
-Day 3
-Day 4 (which is really just a couple photographs and an unfulfilled promise to write the recap, although I did get reviews for two of the films up at a later date)

So, come to the Deep Focus Film Festival tonight and stay for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment