Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My CIFF 2010 Film List

For attendees at this year's Cleveland International Film Festival and fans of lists, this is where I'm keeping an updated inventory of the films I've seen and their corresponding grades/points. Due to the instant nature of determining grades and points and moving on to the next film with little time for reflection, there's always the potential for upgrades and downgrades. This is more of a flash poll than a final verdict.

The current plan is to see 50 films (plus one short) over eight days, which ought to provide a good overview of this year's slate, or at least what I sample from it. Originally I intended to update this during the fest, but typing in Blogger doesn't work as well on the iPhone as I thought it would. Here's what I've seen so far:

Final update made

-Lourdes - A/92
-No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson - A/90
-Marwencol - A/87
-Accident (Yi ngoi) - A-/84
-9500 Liberty - A-/80

-Inside Hana's Suitcase - B+/75
-Disco & Atomic War (Disko ja tuumasõda) - B/72
-For the Love of Movies - B/70
-Max Manus - B/70
-A Brand New Life (Yeo-haeng-ja) - B/69
-Masquerades (Mascarades) - B/69
-The Desert of Forbidden Art - B/68
-The Girl on the Train (La fille du RER) - B/67
-The Great Contemporary Art Bubble - B/67
-Last Train Home - B-/65
-North (Nord) - B-/65
-The Happiest Girl in the World (Cea mai fericita fata din lume) - B-/63
-The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner - B-/63
-Please, Please Me! (Fais-moi plaisir!) - B-/62
-Pop Star on Ice - B-/62
-Convention - B-/61
-Dear Lemon Lima - B-/60
-Do It Again - B-/60
-Turtle: The Incredible Journey - B-/60

-Bare Essence of Life (Urutora mirakuru rabu sutôrî) - C+/59
-Down Terrace - C+/59
-Garbo: The Spy (Garbo: El espía) - C+/59
-Bananas! - C+/58
-My Year Without Sex - C+/58
-Shameless (Nestyda) - C+/58
-The Taqwacores - C+/58
-Colony - C+/57
-The Good Heart - C+/57
-Cash & Marry - C+/56
-My Tehran for Sale - C+/56
-Vincere - C/52
-Headhunter - C/51
-Falkenberg Farewell (Farväl Falkenberg) - C/50
-Will You Marry Us? (Die Standesbeamtin) - C/48
-Paper Man - C/46
-Cooking History - C-/45
-The Ape (Apan) - C-/44
-Father and Guns (De père en flic) - C-/43
-Harvest - C-/43
-The House of Branching Love (Haarautuvan rakkauden talo) - C-/42
-Bomber - C-/41
-Storage - C-/41
-December Heat (Detsembrikuumus) - C-/40

-Adrift (Choi voi) - D+/38
-Van Diemen's Land - D+/37
-Love Hurts - D-/23

For fest attendees who stumble upon this and think I'm off my rocker with some of these ratings, I am aware that what tops my list and brings up the bottom is often out of step with passholder favorites and dislikes. I heard several times how much people enjoyed Bomber, for instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment