Monday, December 22, 2003

An introduction

It occurs to me that some people reading this--whoever you may be--don't know who I am. I'd set up an "About Me" page, but I haven't even figured out how to set up a permanent link on the side for my e-mail. For now, this will have to suffice.

My name is Mark Pfeiffer. Since 1997 I have been co-producer/co-host of NOW PLAYING, a movie review program that airs on WOCC TV3 in Westerville, Ohio. (I am the Assistant Director of Television--in charge of production--at WOCC, an Otterbein College/city of Westerville cable channel.) I have been writing online for DVDMon.com since 2000 and this year began contributing to The Film Journal. (Follow the links for my interviews with BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM star Parminder Nagra and PIECES OF APRIL writer-director Peter Hedges.) Each Friday I can be heard discussing current films on Youngstown, Ohio radio station Real Rock 104's morning show.

This blog is intended to supplement the work I do for those other outlets and may generate pieces for them. Like I said in my first post, I didn't plan on writing longer reviews here, but for the time being, I'm feeling reenergized. We'll see how this develops.

David Poland's The Hot Button and Jeffrey Wells' Hollywood Elsewhere aren't the strict models for what I want this blog to be--I'm not going to get into box office number crunching or industry reporting--but I like the idea of writing about movies every day, whether I've seen something or not. This should provide a space for commentary that I can't or don't do in my other film critic corners.

I still plan on cobbling together a short write-up of that Linklater short mentioned in the first post. Expect the first break from movie talk at any time, as I intend to go over the year's highlights in music, concerts, and TV. Hopefully I'll get more adept at building this site and will also provide you, the faceless reader, with a way of giving me feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment